Invisalign® is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. Invisalign® uses a number of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without the need for metal wires or brackets.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position.
- You’ll visit your dentist about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned
- Total treatment time averages 9-15 months but will vary from case to case
Why is Invisalign better than metal braces?
- Ease of use… Metal braces can be more painful and irritate the mouth more with all the elastics and brackets. With invisalign there is very little discomfort and less irritation to the mouth and soft tissues.
It is much easier to eat with invisalign aligners, since one can remove them before a meal. This also allows for better access to the teeth for cleaning since no bits get stuck.
- Virtually invisible
Most patients find this the most important feature. There is barely any noticeable difference in how you look or speak when the aligner are in place.